Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walt update

It's been an interesting first week here in North Carolina with my new brothers, sisters and parents.  Mom woke me early on Monday to explain I had another road trip. Although it was short, I'm not fond of parking lots, moving cars and the like. This trip was a good one though. Mom introduced me to my new doctor.  I don't know about you, but finding the right care giver is really important.  I want my health needs met, but it's really important to get positive feed back, back rubs and good ol' fashioned attention from the doctor and the staff.  Let me tell you that I was not short changed on any of the above.  I waltz in their like I know the place, all stoic and confident and Shannon greets me like they know me. Come to find out, she knows and loves Deuce, Jack and Chilly.  Shannon says she wants a Frenchie just like me. Of course, who doesn't.  Doc gives me the once over and says I look great.  She doesn't change much about my diet, heart worm treatment or bathing, and says to come back in the summer to update my vaccines and I'm good to go.  Well someone in the back knows dad so she had to come see the new Hutchins.  She congratulates mom and loves all over me.  This makes me feel special and I'm all about the humans givin' some TLC.

After the vet mom gave me some yummy treats and a warm bath.  Again, not my favorite thing in life, but some alone one on one time with mom is special too.

Mom and Dad had to go back to work today so it was the first full day at home with the fur friends.  Dad was so impressed when he came home and everything was just as he left it.

Pictures will be posted in a few days. I've lapped out the figure 8 track in the yard that Jack likes so well and created a new track in the house that Deuce and Jack are learning.

So far I'm enjoying these NC days....

I'll be back soon, hope you are too!

Walt "Walllllllter" is what dad calls me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Walt! I called him Walter----usually when he was "hard of hearing". lol Did all of his vet records make it to your vet? So interested in hearing what your vet thought of Walt's past treatment. Did you show his "before" pictures? Greta is still missing him----nobody plays rough with her like Walt did. Give him hugs and kisses for us. :)

    ReplyDelete