Wednesday, August 5, 2009



I'm Chilly. Mom calls me Chilly Princess Pepper, Dad calls me Chilly Bean, and Deuce he just snorts to call me, but I answer to all of those. My name is cuz I don't like the cold. Much like my mom, I moved south, not just for the winter but for always.

So grab a cup of joe, or soda or better yet, have a glass of wine, sit back with your glasses on and catch a glimpse of the good life. That's what I'm livin' now that I have a new forever home and friends like ya'll. See, I can talk like they do down south too.

If you haven't already heard (and word has it mom talks a lot) I'm the newest member of the Hutchins pack in New Bern, NC. I've been a bit of a traveler, starting my life in a mill (short for puppy mill, a place you want to stay away from) in Oklahoma. Then when I was done havin' babies I was livin' a spoiled life in Canada, but someone forgot to mention it gets down right cold up there in the north. Not cold, but snow too....just not the most pleasant surroundings for a princess. My good luck lead me to a group called French Bulldog Rescue and I was having a fun time back in the southern state of Tenessee (I understand mom has a bit of a crush on some Elephants there in Knoxville, but that's another story). Anyway, while I was baskin' in the sun and thawing out from the cold, I landed a forever home [so I thought] with a family in Raleigh, NC. Well things with the family English (you know they're bigger than I am) didn't work out to anyone's liking so FBRN brought me back.

I met my mom at a Cracker Barrel in Smithfield, NC and thought I better make a good impression so I went potty for her while on the leash, then when she attempted to pick me up, I went right on to my back and let her rub my tummy. After a minute she picked me up and I put my big kiss on her cheek. I think that's when she fell head over heals for me. She packed up my belongings and put me in her car and we headed to the "foster" home that I was determined to make my own. Mom says that Sandy knows where she can get one of those nice car seats that I was transported in, so next time I can look out the window. For this ride, I just slept like a baby.

Well, we got home and I immediately went potty outside again. I hear this is a good thing, and I was still working on my good impression. When I looked up on the porch there was the biggest human I'd seen. Hairless too....oh no, I hope he likes me, I thought. And he fell in love at first site. This guy is just a big ol' cuddly bear! He picked me up and carried me inside and let me roam the house and i thought what a cool castle. This is nice.

I met my brother Deuce in the morning. I don't think he liked me at first but I turned on the charm. It took about a week but he realized I wasn't backin' down. I was tired of moving and the sun of NC was shining and I wanted to stay and darn it, I was gonna. Mom gave me the good news on Saturday that her application for me was approved.

So guys, there you have my history...stay tuned for my future, cuz I think I'll need sun glasses, it's lookin' so bright.

1 comment:

  1. I love your nickname 'Chilly Bean'! That's just adorable. I'm happy for you.... Your life sounds fantastic and warm!

    www.lilylambchop.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete