Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Greetings from Mom



Christmas is always an exciting time of year for me, even growing up I just loved the special feeling of holidays approaching (Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's). Well, this will be Chilly's first Christmas out of a crate and Jack's first Christmas at all. So far they are bringing magic and love and spreading cheer to everyone near. Deuce is grateful to have such an energetic playmate, and Chilly is enjoying the sidelines cheering for her brothers.
Deuce is pretty mellow when it comes to the holiday decorations, but Jack is like a child in a toy store. Every new thing discovered has to be tasted and then if it moves, well let the fun begin. Tonight he discovered our "snow village". You know the fake stuff that comes in a bag from Lowes. We have it on the side of the fireplace with a little city set in it. When I noticed it all over the floor I thought he and Deuce were at a tug of war match with a stuffed toy....:( NO! We had fake snow pulled off of the fireplace. A little stuck to the gums and teeth of Jack's mouth. Priceless, but no camera available to capture the moment.
This is my first year of Christmas as an empty nester. I was a bit worried that the house would feel empty come Christmas morning (and it still might) but I think with the frenchies and the huskies destroying their gifts and stockings, it will feel like my house is still filled with Christmas delight.
If I don't talk to you again, Have a Merry Christmas and create memories that you will cherish.
All the best in 2010!!!
Thanks for putting up with me. :)
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment