Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nothing is Quite the Same

Mom cooked one of those cool dinners where the plate is shared...>Tonight was the first night since you've been gone Nakita that mom made that dinner that included one of your favorite egg plates.  I got to have it all by myself instead of just your left overs....let me go on the record as saying I would have enjoyed it much more if I shared it with you.

Since you've been gone I wait at the garage stairs for you to join me out in the pen to pee.  I sit in the fence wondering why you don't come out to join me anymore.

It's been two weeks since we licked the plates clean in the dishwasher while mom loads them all in.

Dad tells me that you're back, right here at home where you belong but I don't hear the pitter patter of your nails agains the tile floor anymore, you don't dance at the door when your bladder is full, your bark is missed at the first noise of the garage door opening.

You may be home to rest, but I don't see you anywhere.  I mope around all day thinking you'll come in the door soon.  This waiting for you sucks!!!

You know girl, we didn't care much about each other when you here by my side each day and I felt like you were taking up space and attention.  They called you the Princess.   Chanel came home to just see you!!!  What am I?  Chopped liver? 

Not a day has passed that you haven't been thought of, talked about or in some way remembered.  Mom tried to explain this bridge to me saying we'll be together again there...but what the hell. who wants to wait that long!?  I miss pestering you like little brothers do.   Jack, Chilly, Deuce and Walt feel the loneliness too.. They hardly bark at all anymore...and they let dad sleep in late in the morning.  Our whole routine is a mess now.

I heard something about time heals wounds and maybe I just need more time....but being the lone Sibe is a tough job...not sure I'll ever get used to it.

Nakita you are loved and missed!

Your baby brother,
Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment