Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bittersweet kind of day


Today Miss Uma ("girlie") met her new parents and has settled into her new home in Maryland.


This is the painful/rewarding side of fostering and I have come to realize this may be why Earl fights me tooth and nail (for all of about 5 minutes) on bringing a new foster into the house. It's not the dog getting adjusted to the pack, or the late night wake ups, or cleaning the crate, or the excited puddles, its the cleaning up of my tears and the heavy weight his shoulders carrywhen I say good-bye to these precious little gifts.


I love fostering and volunteering and I am so grateful to those folks that have adopted the animals I have cared for. Wizard, Coco, Charlie and Uma have been placed in perfect homes for their needs and will always have a special part of my heart.


Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment